Terms of Service
THIS AGREEMENT WAS LAST UPDATED ON MARCH 3, 2008.
PLEASE SCROLL DOWN AND READ THE SUBSCRIBER AGREEMENT.
If you agree to be bound by the terms of this Agreement, you should click on the "I AGREE" button at the end of this Agreement. If you do not agree to be bound by the terms of this Agreement, you should click "I DISAGREE." If you click "I DISAGREE," you will not be able to proceed with the registration process for the respective Service and become a subscriber.
1. Changes to Subscriber Agreement. We may change the terms of this Agreement at any time by notifying you of the change in writing or electronically. The changes also will appear in this document, which you can access at any time. You signify that you agree to be bound by such changes by using a Service after changes are made to this Agreement.
3.Fees and Payments. You agree to pay the subscription fees and any other charges incurred in connection with your user name and password for a Service (including any applicable taxes) at the rates in effect when the charges were incurred. If your subscription includes access to areas containing premium content or services, your access to such areas may be subject to additional fees, terms and conditions, which will be separately disclosed in such areas. We will bill all charges pertaining to your individual subscription automatically to your credit card. Subscription fees will be billed at the beginning of your subscription or any quarterly renewal. Unless we state in writing otherwise, all fees and charges are nonrefundable. We may change the fees and charges then in effect, or add new fees or charges, by giving you notice in advance.
4.Renewal. Your subscription will renew automatically, unless we terminate it or you notify us by telephone, mail, or e-mail (receipt of which must be confirmed by email reply from us) of your decision to terminate your subscription. For quarterly subscriptions, we will notify you of the pending renewal of your subscription at least 30 days prior to the date your subscription renews, except as otherwise required by law. You must cancel your subscription before it renews in order to avoid billing of subscription fees for the renewal term to your credit card.
We invite our subscribers to enjoy all the features this site has to offer. But we must require that each subscriber abide by certain rules so that no one's rights are stepped on.
Failure to abide by these rules can result in immediate termination of access to Public Pensions Online, without refund or recourse.
Copyright and Trademark Law
- Do not share your logon passwords and user names. Our system is designed to detect this immediately and to suspend any account where more than one person signs on using the same username and password.
- Do not reprint, republish, repost or otherwise distribute or transmit content or images presented on this site. Downloading is easy, but just because you may be able to copy our content doesn't mean you own it. Unauthorized use or copying of our content, trademarks and other proprietary material may subject violators to civil or even criminal liability. Please don't violate our copyright.
- No advertising, trading of goods or services or other commercial use is allowed. No bulk e-mail, junk mail or spam, chain letters or repeat postings of the same message is permitted anywhere on the forums.
- Please use your own name when posting to the discussion forums. Do not impersonate anyone else.
- Treat other subscribers with courtesy and respect when posting messages to the discussion groups. No unnecessary name calling or abuse toward any subscriber is allowed.
- Please avoid shouting (using all capital letters) in the discussion forums.
- Do not use vulgarity, obscenity, profanity, ethnic slurs, hate speech or sexually explicit language, or harass, abuse or threaten other subscribers in the discussion forums. Do not libel or defame others. Public Pensions Online strongly disapproves of flaming.
- When you post content in the Public Pensions Online forums, you permit this site to display and distribute the content and to use it for advertising and promotion. You grant to this site the complete, perpetual, but non-exclusive right to use, reproduce, modify, adapt, translate, distribute, sub-license, etc. the content in whole or in part, throughout the world and universe, on a royalty-free basis.
We do not try to edit or monitor messages posted on this site's forums, but Public Pensions Online has the right to edit or remove objectionable postings. The person posting a message is solely responsible for it, not Public Pensions Online. Violators may be permanently banned from using the forums or may have their subscriptions terminated.
All editorial content and graphics on this site are protected by U.S. copyright laws and international treaties and may not be copied or re-used without the express written permission of Public Pensions Online, which reserves all rights.
Limitation of Liability
THE INFORMATION, SERVICES AND PRODUCTS ON THIS WEB SITE ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND. YOU AGREE THAT THIS WEB SITE SHALL NOT BE RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY CONTENT FOUND ON THE FORUMS AND THAT YOUR USE OF THIS SITE AND ANY DOWNLOADING OF MATERIALS FOUND ON OR THROUGHOUT THE SITE IS DONE AT YOUR OWN RISK AND THAT YOU WILL BE SOLELY RESPONSIBLE IF ANY DAMAGES TO YOUR COMPUTER OR DATA RESULTS.
ALL EXPRESS WARRANTIES AND ALL IMPLIED WARRANTIES, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, AND NON-INFRINGEMENT OF PROPRIETARY RIGHTS ARE HEREBY DISCLAIMED TO THE FULL EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW. THIS WEB SITE DOES NOT WARRANT THAT THE USE OR PERFORMANCE OF THE SITE WILL BE TIMELY, UNINTERRUPTED OR FREE OF ERROR OR THAT THIS SITE OR ITS SERVER WILL BE FREE OF VIRUSES. IN NO EVENT SHALL THIS WEB SITE, ITS OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, AGENTS OR EMPLOYEES BE LIABLE FOR ANY LOSS OR INJURY, DIRECT OR INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, SPECIAL OR EXEMPLARY DAMAGES, OR ANY DAMAGES WHATSOEVER ARISING FROM THE USE OR PERFORMANCE OF THIS SITE OR FROM ANY INFORMATION, SERVICES OR PRODUCTS PROVIDED THROUGH THIS SITE, EVEN IF THE SITE HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES. IN THE EVENT THAT APPLICABLE LAW PREVENTS THE EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY FOR CERTAIN WARRANTIES, SUCH EXCLUSION DOES NOT APPLY TO YOU TO THE EXTENT LIMITED BY LAW.